Dental Crowns in Mexico
Generally, a crown is used to protect a damaged tooth. It is often used to restore a tooth that cannot be restored with fillings or other type of restorations. It usually encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original shape and size.
Crowns are divided into the types of material they are composed of. There are several types of materials. All ceramic, zirconia, composite, porcelain fused to metal, gold and base metal alloys. Porcelain is one of the most common followed by zirconia. These are highly durable and will generally last many years. Both are made to match the shape, size and color of the original tooth giving your teeth a natural, long lasting, beautiful smile.
REASON FOR CROWNS
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Fractured fillings
- Large fillings
- Tooth has a root canal
- Cosmetic enhancement
WHAT DOES GETTING A CROWN INVOLVE?
Usually requires two appointments.
- First appointment:
- Taking of highly accurate impressions of the involved area that will be used to create your custom crown
- Second impression to create a temporary crown.
- The tooth is prepared and the surface is shaped to properly fit the new crown.
- A temporary crown will be placed with temporary cement and your bite will be checked to ensure you are biting correctly.
- Second appointment:
- Temporary crown is removed, the tooth is cleaned, and your new permanent crown will be carefully placed to ensure the spacing and the bite are correct and accurate.
- You will receive care instructions and encouraged to have regular dental visits to make sure everything is good.